accurate – effective - efficient - validated - simple
The updated version of the adolescent SUBSTANCE ABUSE SUBTLE SCREENING INVENTORY is now available. It represents a big advance in the science of substance misuse screening with this vulnerable and hard to identify client group, and offers the practitioner an objective way to assess the nature and severity of the problem, as well as offering guidance in care planning and motivational work.
The Adolescent SASSI is the only available screening instrument which will objectively identify substance abuse and / or dependency even when the client you are dealing with is unable or reluctant to admit the existence of a problem.
- 94% accuracy in identifying substance misuse disorders.
- Suitability for all 12 – 18 year olds.
- Objective scoring and interpretation.
- Normed on internationally recognised criteria.
- User friendly language and formulation.
- Quick, simple and economical to administer.
- Evidence – based development.
- Assists in care planning.
- Identifies environmental and attitudinal risk factors.
- Points up abuse versus dependence distinctions.
- Indicates possible suicidal ideation.
- Assists in motivational work.
- Highlights criminal justice issues.