Welcome to the SASSI Direct Web Site
The Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory is a psychometric screening instrument which identifies substance abuse and dependence disorders, even when the individual is unable or unwilling to acknowledge a problem or symptoms associated with it.
- The Adult SASSI 3 has an overall accuracy of 93% *
- The Adolescent SASSI A2 has an overall accuracy of 95% *
- It also produces a hypothetical psychological profile of the individual, which can be useful in engaging and motivating them and in care planning with them.
- The SASSI is not intended to replace a thorough individual assessment, but to be used as a supplement to such an assessment.
- The measure takes approximately 15 minutes to administer, and 1-2 minutes to score.
- There is an adolescent version, which is suitable for use with 12 to 18 year olds and an adult version, which is intended for use with people aged 18 and upwards.
- There is a pencil and paper version of the measure, and there are electronic versions, intended for organisations dealing with larger numbers of clients.
- The purpose of the SASSI is to help people with substance misuse problems. Its use for any other purpose is unethical. SASSI Direct Ltd maintains a register of trained users and applicants with professional eligibility to purchase.
- All SASSI materials are copyright.
* Normed on a US Population
Login to your SASSI Direct account
Reserve your training place
Not registered yet? Register here
Contact SASSI Direct
The SASSI training course has been mapped against specific DANOS competencies.
Click on Training for more information.
Read an independent review of the SASSI in action
New SASSI 2012 Training Dates in London and Nottingham
How SASSI can help in Employment Contexts
How SASSI supports the Common Assessment Framework
How SASSI can support ASSET - Notes for Youth Offending Teams